The national average for home extensions range from $75-$185 per square foot (sqft). However, Long Island prices can be a significant departure from the average, with an estimated cost of $150-$250 per square foot.
How Much Does it Cost For a Home Extension in Long Island, NY?
The cost of a home extension in Long Island, NY can vary greatly depending on the size and scope of the project. Factors such as labor costs, materials used, and permits required can all drive up the price. On average, a home extension in Long Island can cost anywhere between $150,000 to $250,000.
The cost of a home extension in Suffolk County and Nassau County, the two counties that make up Long Island, NY, will vary greatly depending on the size and scope of the project – but typically mirror the overall Long Island cost of $150,000 to $250,000. Generally speaking, more complex projects tend to be more expensive. It’s best to contact a qualified local contractor for an accurate price estimate.
What is the Average Cost for a Home Extension in Long Island?
The average cost for a home extension in Long Island depends on many factors, including the size and scope of the project, materials, labor, and other associated costs. Generally, the average cost of a home extension in Long Island is $175 per square foot. Additional cost factors include permits, removal of debris, quality of materials, HVAC installation, and plumbing.
What Are The Typical Factors That Affect Home Extension Prices in Long Island?
- Location – The cost of materials and labor will vary slightly based on your location in Long Island. Factors that contribute to location costs include town-specific permits and any additional measures that need to be taken to abide by town bylaws.
- Size – The size of the home extension will have a direct impact on the cost of the project. A larger home extension is likely to cost more than a smaller one.
- Materials – The types of materials used for the home extension will affect the overall cost. Some materials, such as wood, may be less expensive than others, such as concrete. Additionally, the cost of the materials will be higher if the extension is in an area that requires special insulation.
- Labor – The cost of labor can vary based on the complexity of the project. The level of skill required and the number of workers needed will also affect the cost. Some companies may charge a flat rate for their services, while others may charge an hourly rate.
- Design – Some home extension projects may require a professional designer to create a design plan for the project. This can add to the total cost of the project.
- Miscellaneous Costs – Miscellaneous costs such as waste removal fees, parking fees, or a refundable deposit may also come into play. These fees can vary depending on the location and the size of the project.
What is the Cost to Complete a Second Floor Home Addition in Long Island, NY?
The cost to complete a second floor home addition in Long Island, NY will depend on a variety of factors, including the size of the addition, existing utility connections, and the construction materials being used. The scope of the project can range from a basic addition to a completely new construction that includes new bathrooms, kitchens, closets, and more. Generally speaking, the cost of a second-floor home addition in Long Island ranges between $150,000 and $250,000. This figure may be higher depending on location, size, quality of materials, labor and design.
For more accurate price estimates, it’s best to get quotes from local contractors who specialize in home additions and renovations. Getting quotes from multiple contractors will help get you the best estimate of the overall cost for your planned home extension.
Should You Do Your Home Extension Yourself?
There are several reasons why you should not perform your own home extension (DYI), unless you’re an experienced contractor. This is because you may not have the knowledge, experience or manpower to create a structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing addition. You definitely want to avoid a home damaged by unprofessional construction work or incomplete work.
What’s more, these types of projects require permits and inspections in order to complete up to code and although you may save some money on labor costs by doing it yourself, you may end up civilly liable if the work is done improperly and without permits or inspections.
Not to mention, a DIY home extension may take up a lot of your time. Even with the help of online resources or tutorials, a home extension project is a massive undertaking and may prevent you from performing your normal day-to-day activities.
Finally, by DIY’ing a home extension, you may end up spending more money in the long run due to the potential for costly mistakes or problems that may arise. By hiring a professional contractor for a home extension, you can rest assured that the project will be completed correctly and safely. Professional contractors have the necessary processes and resources to obtain permits, inspections and any other necessary paperwork that may be required.
The Benefits of Hiring a Quality Contractor For Your Home Extension Project
New York City homeowners should take great care to ensure their home extension costs are correctly estimated and accounted for. Hiring a reliable contractor can help safeguard a project from costly mistakes, delays, or budgeting that is not up to par. This is particularly important for those embarking on a lengthier, more complex project. With the help of an experienced professional, homeowners can maximize their resources and have peace of mind knowing that their home extension will be delivered on-time, within budget and to high quality standards.
Partner With Kentstruction Today to Transform Your Home into a Dream Oasis!
Are you looking to build a brand new home or need an eloquent home renovation in Long Island, NY? Learn more about Kentstruction today – and let us put our vast experience serving our community to work for you. Our dedicated home building and remodeling professionals have spent years perfecting the art of crafting beautiful, functional and cost-effective home construction projects in Long Island.
From the initial design phase to installation, construction and beyond, we’re here to help you turn your vision into reality. Take the first step towards realizing the vision you have for your home by getting in touch with us today – you’ll love what we accomplish together.